Hello friends and fiends!
I know I said that I would keep this blog about learning and teaching and giving and taking – and I know this falls a bit outside that – but, I just can’t keep my big mouth shut on this one.
I wanted to talk a little about our new SEO package we are offering on PowWeb. (http://www.powweb.com/seo/) For all you newbies who might not know what SEO (aka – Search Engine Optimization) is – this the is definition as defined on encyclopedia.com -
“Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” (”organic” or “algorithmic”) search results. Usually, the earlier a site is presented in the search results, or the higher it “ranks”, the more searchers will visit that site. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.”
Wait a minute… I guess this blog is informative and not so outside of the learn, teach, give, take style I want to take this blog. I am sure most people already knew what SEO is, but for the few that didn’t – there you go you learned something new today.
Anyway, now that you know what it is, I can get back to the original reason for my post today.
PowWeb is proud to announce that we are now offering SEO services to our customers. We are offering Starter, Business, and Enterprise plans; so we have a plan to meet everyone’s needs - from big-business down to the small mom & pop Web sites.
Some of the cool features you will find included in the plans are –
- Upload 10 key indexable phrases that you choose to market your business.
- Analyze your competition.
- Examine the structure and content of your Web site.
- Create and upload search-engine friendly meta data.
- Provide a comprehensive SEO analysis of your site.
- Deliver support to discuss the present and future of your Web site.
- Submit your site to up to 200 search engines and directories.
- Monitor traffic using the latest SEO technology.
I invite all of you to check out the new PowWeb SEO plans http://www.powweb.com/seo/ and let me know what you think. I think you will agree we have a great new product on our hands that will be helpful to a lot of our customers.
Before I leave you, I’ll attempt to keep this blog moving in its new direction . For all you do-it-yourselfers – Here are a few SEO tips that I stole (I’m no SEO expert) from webpronews.com)
1. If you absolutely MUST use Java script drop down menus, image maps or image links, be sure to put text links somewhere on the page for the spiders to follow.
2. Content is king, so be sure to have good, well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
3. If content is king, then links are queen. Build a network of quality backlinks using your keyword phrase as the link. Remember, if there is no good, logical reason for that site to link to you, you don’t want the link.
4. Don’t be obsessed with PageRank. It is just one isty bitsy part of the ranking algorithm. A site with lower PR can actually outrank one with a higher PR.
5. Be sure you have a unique, keyword focused Title tag on every page of your site. And, if you MUST have the name of your company in it, put it at the end. Unless you are a major brand name that is a household name, your business name will probably get few searches.
Also, if there are any SEO masters among you, please feel free to comment back and let some of our do-it-yourselfers know some other useful tip for optimizing their websites’.
Talk to you all next week when we get back to my HTML questions from my last post…